This introduction to climbing class will usually take place at “Sleeping Wall/Secret Canyon” or “PhaDaeng”, located 15 and 20 minutes, respectively from Vang Vieng.
Sleeping wall is located on the banks of the beautiful Nam Song river and has over 31 established beginner to intermediate routes that will challenge any level of climber. The trek to sleeping wall “the approach” is the easiest in the area and can be managed in flip flops.
Pha Daeng is located east of town heading towards “Blue Lagoon”. This approach is steep and has very sharp rocks. Hence, it is better attempted with good hiking boots or trainers. This location receives more sunlight throughout the day which is great for photos but it means that sunscreen is a necessity. This site offers a great view of the valley below and very long climb up to 25 meters. 15 intermediate routes are currently available for climbing at this site.
The course will begin with instruction on climbing equipment, climbing knots, belay devices and safe belaying techniques and procedures. You will be given the opportunity to belay a lead climber (instructor) who will set up a top rope for you. You will begin with an easy warm up climb and progress upwards in climbing grade. Your climbing guide will offer instruction and guidance in hand and foot placement (Beta) as needed. This can be extremely helpful to a beginning climber, just learning how to read rock. After completing 4 to 6 climbs of increasing difficulty, you will take a lunch break with a meal that is included in your tour price. After enjoying a nice meal, the afternoon will be filled with more climbing and additional practice with belay concepts.
- Go through the foundations of rock climbing onto some more advanced techniques
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Vang Vieng while having a good workout
- Feel safe in the hands of your professional English-speaking instructors
- Enjoy a unique and memorable day in Vang Vieng by going on this rock-climbing activity!
- Practice different climbing techiques such as basic, top-rope climbing, and belay
- Benefit from convenient hotel pickup and drop-off in Vang Vieng
- Climbing Guide
- Climbing equipment
- Sports wear
- Covered shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- Bug Spray