Add Luang Prabang into your Indochina or Southeast Asia tour! Take a 2 day cruise from Houay Xay after crossing the shared Thai-Lao Friendship border to Luang Prabang. We will disembark at Pak Beng for a night and continue to our destination on the next morning. Before you reach your destination, you would have visited 2 attractions of Laos: Pak Ou Caves & Lao Lao whisky village.
- Welcome at Thai immigration in Chiang Khong + shuttle bus ticket for crossing border from Thailand to Laos.
- Transfer to a joining tuk tuk from Lao immigration office to slow boat pier in Houay Xay.
- Crew service during the cruise.
- Baggage handling during the cruise.
- Admission fees for visiting sites serviced by our English speaking guide.
- Lunch on board as mentioned in the program. Drinking bottled water, coffee and tea during meals.
Comfortable clothes and shoes
Thing You Should Bring
- All your belongings
Thing You Should Know
- Our boats leave Houay Xay pier latest by 9am. So please be in front of the Thai immigration office in Chiang Khong at 8am. One of our team will wait with a sign of all guest names. If the guests stay already in Houay Xay, pick up will be arranged directly at their hotel between 9am to 9.30am.
- From October to February, it can get cold during the cruise, do not forget to bring a jacket.
- It is possible to leave luggage and suitcase on the boat and take only small daypack for your overnight in Pakbeng.
- For safety reasons and according to the weather conditions, the program may change without prior notice.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years old.
The following is excluded:
- Visa/immigration and/or overstay fees in Laos or in Thailand.
- Transfer from boat pier to your hotel in Luang Prabang.
- Accommodation and meals in Pak Beng.
- Personal insurance.
- Beverages, personal expenses, and tips.
- Other expenses not mentioned.
- Between 30 and 20 days prior to departure: 50% of the price
- Between 20 and 10 days prior to departure: 70% of the price
- Less than 10 days prior to departure: 100% of the price
Term and Condition
- For some reasons, the boat may arrive later than usual. The company will not provide any kind of vehicles.
- In case of Force majeure, the company will not be responsible for the providing services exclusive of our terms.
- The insurance company shall be liable to insure for a maximum of 2000 USD/passenger for joining cruise. Coverage excludes: loss of cash, precious metal and stones, valuables or objects of a rare precious nature, belongings to persons.
- Rates are inclusive of local taxes and service charges.
- Interested to book a hotel Please look at a picture below and Contact us at Sales@discoverlaos.today or facebook messenger to find out more!